The Career Center supports substantive on-campus experiential learning through the Temple University Internship Program (TUIP). Temple departments provide engaging experiences, students develop valuable skills and utilize knowledge from the classroom while building strong campus connections, and the Career Center offers resources throughout.
Timeline for Spring 2024 TUIP
- By November 13, 2023: Submit TUIP Intern Request Form/Department Applications to the Career Center
- Info about Fall 2024 TUIP will be available in June!
- Mid-Late November: Students apply to TUIP internships
- Late November - early January: Departments interview and select students
- Week of February 5, 2024: First week of the internship (at the latest)
- February, March 2024: Career Center provides professional development workshops to TUIP interns
- Week of April 22, 2024: End of internship (dependent upon funding)
- Late April: Final student evaluations and department evaluations of students due
Requirements for departments to participate in TUIP
- For a department to participate in the TUIP, that department must complete TUIP Intern Request Form/Department Application.
- The student’s internship should be for approximately 10-15 hours a week and the department pays at least $10 an hour.
- The internship must have specific goals and objectives, including an opportunity to contribute to a significant portion of a project. For example: A student developing and managing a contest campaign for an existing social media platform.
- The student’s internship must connect to the student’s area of study or their career interests.
- Supervisors/mentors must share constructive bi-weekly feedback with the intern on their performance.
- The student will fill out an evaluation reflecting on their TUIP experience. Supervisors will also be asked to evaluate their interns.
- Students are NOT eligible to receive credit for their TUIP internships.
- The student intern must have a designated workspace. Students may work remotely, in-person, and/or hybrid, under close direction of their host department based on current operations.
TUIP Hiring Process
- TUIP internship supervisors submit the TUIP Department Application/Intern Request Form.
- The Career Center posts the internship on Handshake for students to apply.
- After the student application deadline, the Career Center sends a bundle of resumes of interested applicants to the host department.
- TUIP supervisors manage the interview process by selecting students to interview, scheduling interviews, and extending the internship offer.
- After selecting the best candidate, the intern’s payroll information must be matched in Taleo by the host department for the intern to get paid.
There are two (2) ways you can fund the internship listed under the funding section below.
TUIP Marketing to Students
The Career Center will post the TUIP internships to Handshake, an internship and job posting system accessible to all Temple students, in order to reach a greater number of Temple students. TUIP opportunities will be marketed to students via Handshake and e-mail.
If you have any questions or need additional information about TUIP please feel free to reach out to the Career Center at email@example.com.