Unsure Of What You Want To Do?
If you are unsure, talk with a career coach who can help you assess your personal qualities, evaluate the information you have collected, suggest additional resources, and guide you through the decision-making process.
If you want to get started right away, complete FOCUS 2 and evaluate your personal qualities and explore career and study options that are most compatible with your personality, interests and skills.
What Can I Do With My Major?
The site WhatCanIDoWithThisMajor.com has a wealth of information to share about major specific careers options and paths.
Keep in mind that the information sheets and options are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Your major is a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By taking a variety of courses and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets, highly desired by employers.
Want to Explore Careers?
Vault Career Insider provides occupation profiles (including educational requirements, career paths and salary estimates), company and industry profiles, career-related blogs, and recommendations on resumes, cover letters, interviewing and much more! Visit our Temple exclusive channel, and click on the "Tips and Resources" tab for a variety of helpful information.
Other Career Exploration Resources
- Conduct an informational interview
- Complete FOCUS 2
- Explore what you can do with your major. Each major profile also includes links to relevant professional associations, which offer further insight into potential careers.
- Use the LinkedIn Alumni tool to network with Temple University Alumni.
- Talk with faculty in your area of interest
- Try it out – volunteer or find a part-time job or internship.