Whether you are confused about where to begin in your career or major decision-making process, or you have recently decided that you want to change your career or major, assessment can be a valuable tool. Many times, students and alumni alike come to the Career Center indicating that they feel “lost” in this process. Assessment can provide a place to start, as well as some career paths and industries to explore. This step can be fundamental in helping individuals make informed career decisions.
A very important detail to note is that career assessment is just that, an assessment. Career assessment is NOT a test. A test implies that there is one right or wrong answer. Career assessment is meant to provide you with some options to engage you and guide you in your career exploration.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you come to the Career Center to discuss taking a career assessment and gain additional insight into your unique assessment results. A Career Coach can help you decide on an appropriate assessment, evaluate your results, suggest additional resources, and guide you through the decision-making process.
Below are a few assessment options that are offered by the Career Center. If, from these descriptions, you are unsure what assessment option might be best for you, please come to our drop-in hours or schedule an appointment Monday-Friday during business hours. We look forward to helping you navigate this sometimes confusing, but ultimately exciting process!
You might consider taking FOCUS 2 if:
- You are in the beginning of your college career and are exploring your options
- You feel as though you need to make a decision quickly
- You need to begin researching majors and careers
- You prefer remote access to your results anytime
To take FOCUS 2, choose the appropriate link:
* Access Code for new users = "wiseowl"
After taking FOCUS 2, use this Worksheet
Additional Career Assessments
The Career Center offers additional career assessments. Our staff is trained to interpret and coach/counsel you through understanding your results.
You might consider taking alternate assessments if:
- You have already used FOCUS 2 and found that it did not address your specific needs
- You have questions regarding how your preferences might impact your career decisions
- You have questions regarding how your interests might align with a career path
Connect with the Career Center by booking an appointment or 15-minute Same Day time on Handshake to learn more about additional career assessments.