In collaboration with Temple staff and faculty, the Career Center provides substantive on-campus experiential learning through the Temple University Internship Program (TUIP). This program assists Temple departments in creating engaging professional experiences for our students. TUIP internships empower students to build valuable skills and utilize knowledge from the classroom while building strong connections around campus.
Timeline for the Spring 2023 TUIP
- By November 9, 2022: Submit TUIP Department Applications to the Career Center
- November 14 - 27: Student Application period for internships in Handshake
- Late November 2022 - early January 2023: Departments interview and select students
- Week of January 30, 2023: First week of the internship (at the latest)
- Late April - early May 2023: Final student evaluations and department evaluations of students submitted
- Early May 2023: End of internship (dependent upon funding)
Requirements for departments to participate in TUIP
- For a department to participate in the TUIP, that department must complete TUIP Department Application.
- The student’s internship should be for approximately 10 hours a week and the student would receive no less than $10 an hour.
- The internship must have specific goals and objectives, including an opportunity to contribute to a significant portion of a project. For example: A student developing and managing a contest campaign for an existing social media platform.
- The student’s internship must connect to the student’s area of study or their career interests.
- Supervisors/mentors must share constructive bi-weekly feedback with the intern on their performance.
- The student will fill out an evaluation reflecting on their TUIP experience. Supervisors will also be asked to evaluate their interns.
- Students are NOT eligible to receive credit for their TUIP internships.
- The student intern must have a designated workspace. Students may work remotely, in-person, and/or hybrid, under close direction of their host department based on current operations.
TUIP Hiring Process
- TUIP internship supervisors/mentors submit the TUIP Department Application.
- The Career Center posts the internship on Handshake for students to apply.
- After the student application deadline, the Career Center sends a bundle of resumes of interested applicants to the host department.
- TUIP supervisors/mentors manage the interview process by selecting students to interview, scheduling interviews, and extending the internship offer.
- After selecting the best candidate, the intern’s payroll information must be matched in Taleo by the host department for the intern to get paid.
There are three (3) ways to fund the internship listed under the funding section below.
TUIP Marketing to Students
The Career Center will enter TUIP internships to Handshake, the university-wide internship and job posting system, in order to reach a greater number of Temple students. TUIP opportunities will be marketed to students via Handshake and e-mail.
If you have any questions or need additional information about TUIP please feel free to reach out to the Career Center at email@example.com.