The Career Center is eager to connect with students and faculty through our Program Request service. Our goal with this service is to offer the right information at the right time to the diverse members of the Temple community. Read on to learn more about what we offer.
- Make Your Path with the Career Center: Students will learn about the services and resources we offer.
- Get Career Interests in FOCUS: Students will learn how to use the FOCUS 2 tool and get help in understanding their results.
- Own Your Resume: Students will learn how to create or edit a resume that effectively markets their skills and experiences.
- Finding Great Jobs and Internships in Handshake: Students will learn how to use Handshake to apply to opportunities that are aligned with their interests.
- The Ins and Outs of Internships: Students will learn what they should get out of an internship experience, as well as tools and steps to find an internship.
- Interviewing Basics: Students will increase their comfort in interviews by identifying strategies for preparation and interview practice.
- LinkedIn 101: Students will increase their comfort in creating or developing a LinkedIn profile, and using resources to strengthen this presence.
- How to Professionally Communicate and Network: Students will increase their comfort in building a professional network, as well as learn about supporting resources.
- Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop: This workshop is designed to help women understand their worth and develop basic salary negotiation skills. This workshop does require two hours. Everyone is welcome at the workshop, however they will hear quite a bit of information on the gender wage gap.
- Graduate Student Marketing Materials: Students will learn how to create or edit professional materials, as well as identifying supporting resources.
- Career Planning and Personal Branding for Graduate Students: Students will gain comfort in articulating interests, skills, values, and identifying supporting resources.
- Job Search Resources for Graduate Students: This workshop will help connect graduate students to effective resources for job searching in academia and industry.
What happens when I request a program?
Once a staff member has been assigned to your program, they will be in touch with you to confirm details, and answer any questions you may have. The staff member can tailor the topic to your group’s needs, and bring Career Center resources as requested. Once they deliver the program, students will have an opportunity to share their feedback via SurveyMonkey. You can request more than one program throughout the semester, and we value growing our collaborations over time!
What do people say about Career Center programs?
“I have been bringing my students to the Career Center for about 5 years now and the students routinely provide feedback that this is a valuable presentation. They are also excited to know what resources are available to them currently and also as alumni.”
- Faculty member, Tyler School of Art
“I have requested this program because our members gave positive feedback for this presentation last year. The PowerPoint had great information and was very effective in engaging students.”
- Student Leader, Alpha Epsilon Delta
What to do next?
You can request a program by completing the Program Request Form. We require at least two weeks’ notice to fulfill a program request, and we do not guarantee that we’ll be able to fulfill all requests.
Who do I contact with questions?
Contact Laura Craig, Associate Director of Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org